Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year!

Thursday night was a ton of fun, getting to see David and Kira was great and just picking up like no time had past was wonderful. We played a lot of Wii and man playing some of those games is a workout. Both mine and Nick's arms were sore a bit from boxing and Rayman's cow toss game and present delivery, the last two especially are a workout.

Friday we spent most of the day at David and Kira's before we came home and went to a Christmas party for my mom's dragon boat club. I got to play a fair amount of ping-pong and a couple rounds of pool while there.

Saturday was a blast. Uncle Paul and Sheryl came up for the day. First we all(Dad, Mom, Erin, Nick, Paul, Sheryl and I) went to my grandpa's to shoot clay pigeons and what was left over from the last shooting fest. I did really well shoot most of my pigeons this time. It was funny watching everyone who had not shot a 12gauge before shoot, especially my mom, who would take a step or two back after the recoil. After shooting the shotguns we moved on to the pistols, a .357 and a .22. We shot up the laptop, can of plums and generic spam, because they hadn't got shot up enough last time. When it was my turn at the .357 I got out a can of root beer I had been saving for my turn, shook it up real well and then shot it. Got a nice explosion out of it, not quite as nice as the 30-30, but close. After we had used up all the pistol ammo my dad got out the 12guage and put five rounds in and unloaded them on the can of spam and the laptop. That really wiped out the laptop and spam, it was so funny. Then everyone went upto the house, except my dad, Nick, grandpa and I, because they were all cold. Then we got the .22 rifle out and spent the rest of the .22 ammo on what was left of the two computers from last time. When that was done Nick and I split five rounds of 12gauge on the two to finish them off. It was soooooo fun and I got lots of pictures to post once I get back to school. For dinner Uncle Paul took all of us and my Grandparents out for dinner to a really good Chinese restaurant for dinner. Then we went home and visited for a bit while cleaning the guns.

Today has been pretty uneventful. Nick and I did some grocery shopping for mom and some other small errands, while her and Erin got the house ready for the New Year's Eve party we are hosting. We did do our final Christmas tradition today and that is to burn the Christmas tree. It went up in fifteen to twenty foot flames in about thirty seconds and was really hot, but lots of fun to watch.

Hope the coming new year is filled with wonder, surprises and adventures. Have a good day and give thanks to God for allowing us the pleasure of anpther year in his wonderful and amazing creation. God is good. ~Semper Fi

No comments: