Monday, December 25, 2006

Another Xmas Break Update

Wednesday
Sara B and I finished moving what was left of the wood, which took about thirty minutes. We had a good conversion the whole time. When we were done we got cleaned up and I took Sara B and Bethany out to lunch at Taco Bell, since I was craving it and they didn't have any other places they wanted to go. It was a nice lunch, food was good, company was good and the talking was good. One of the sauce packets had "Will you marry me?" on it for those random sayings and I told Sara B be that would have been great to use for how she got proposed to. She was playing a mischievous joke on her friends from ACU. After lunch we played Sequence and talked some more and then I showed them some pictures till Rebecca got home. She had gotten me my Christmas present, a nice light blue checker button up shirt and a gray t-shirt. Then we got ready to go out to dinner for Rebecca's birthday. I wore my new shirt and all the girls liked it, especially Sara B. We went to Western Sizziler(?), a buffet kind of place. The food was good and so was the fellowship. When we got back to the house we watched RV, its a pretty funny movie with a good moral. During the movie Bethany was trying to find out how soon she would be able to get home, since Denver had just gotten nailed with a blizzard that dropped two feet of snow and shut the airport down. She was supposed to go home on Thursday. She finally got a ticket to go home on Sunday. After Bethany wanted to watch another movie, since she missed most of RV, so we did. We watched Akileela and the Bee, doubt that's spelled right, it was a good movie and it was nice just watching it with Sara B and Bethany. Then we went to bed after a good day.

Thursday
In the morning Mandy made crapes for breakfast before she had to leave for the airport. Rebecca, Bethany and Sara B were taking Mandy to the airport and then going shopping. While they were gone Veasna and I took a old couch and mattress set to the thrift store. After that I started to clean up the weight room. I got a lot of it cleaned up and vacuumed. When Sara B and Bethany got back we watched several of Sara B's family home videos. We got some good laughs out them and it was neat to see Sara B's biological mom, she died of cancer when Sara B was quite young. Seeing them all young was pretty funny/neat to see how much or little they have changed. Then we had dinner with a family they watch the little girl once in a while and have helped out in the past. After they had gone Ray, Bethany, Sara B and I played dominoes for awhile. After that we went up to the barn to play ping-pong, but decided we needed to move the table to the weight room so we could have enough space to play and not have to chase/find the balls when we missed. It was a bit of a challenge getting the table from the barn to the driveway so we could roll it, because it was dark out and I had to walk backwards carrying one end while Sara B and Bethany had the other end. After we got it moved and setup in the weight room we played for a quite a bit and then Bethany went to talk to her parents so Sara B and I continued to play. We had a good time playing and laughing and talking. We ended up playing ping-pong for about two hours. It was a good last day till I get back from break.

Friday
Early in the morning, four am early, Sara B and Bethany took me to the airport. We said our good byes and then I headed into the airport. The only exciting thing, besides getting home, to happen during my trip home was in Cincinnati. While there the fire alarm went off and a funny message played over the loudspeaker till someone got on and said to ignore it as it was just a test and I found Sara B a nice present.

Saturday
In the morning I went with my mom and sister to my mom's rowing group. We rowed in a dragon boat. It was a lot of fun rowing around in Oak Harbor bay and trying to stay in time with a lead. I did pretty good for my first time and will probably do it again next Saturday. Later I went with my dad and brother into town to pick up some ammo for the .357 and .22. After the store we went to my Grandpa's to get some wood. It was nice getting to split some wood once again. I could tell I hadn't used those specific muscles in awhile. Later that night we went over to the Beaches and played Joker and talked and ate for quite awhile.

Sunday
Went to church in the morning and then to the store and Dairy Queen for lunch. Got home and watched the Seahawks throw another game away they should have won. For dinner the Grandparents came over. We had our Christmas dinner with duck, mashed potatoes, corn caserole, roles and salad, mmmmm was it tasty. After dinner we played boggle for a bit and then watched Nacho Libre, a very funny movie.

Monday
Had french toast for breakfast along with sausage and fruit. After breakfast we opened our presents. I got a new book by John Eldridge and two button up shirts. We will be doing some more shopping later. After present time was over the whole family, even mom, went paint balling in the yard for about three hours. I was the only on not to get shot the whole time. Man it was so much fun, I had forgotten how fun it was. Then we did some yard cleanup and moved and fixed part of our electric fence. When that was done my dad, brother and I went rat hunting in the horse barn, I was looking forward to it, but there was only one small rat to be found and he set the trap off and got out side before I could shoot him with .22 pistol. Its been a good Christmas. Tomorrow we are going to my grandparents and shoot clay pigeons and a bunch of other junk. We are taking our shotguns, .375, .22 and the 30-30 lever action, which I haven't gotten to shoot yet :( Oh man is it going to be fun. I will have some good pictures to post of our paintball outfits and the shooting carnage.

That is all for now. God bless. ~Semper Fi

No comments: