Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Break post

Break is going really well at the moment. Sara B and Bethany got in Friday night and something surprising happened, Allan stopped by the house for a bit. It was good to see him and get to chat with him before he left for break since I haven't seen him in months. Saturday was graduation and it was pretty short. We had a party for all the grads at the house. Courtni's, Sarah's, Ryan's and Veasna's families all came into town. Courtni's sisters, Sarah's family and Ryan's dad all stayed at the house, so it was a little crazy. I don't remember what day it was, probably Thursday, but I hung out with Ryan and his mom for a good part of the day and she took us out to lunch at Sonic and then Ryan gave us a tour of the chiropractor's office he interned at this past semester. Anyway back to Saturday. Veasna and her mom cooked most of the food, which was outstanding of course. We had about forty five people, most of them where family to the five graduates we had from our house this semester. Dana, Nate and Ryan all left at some point on Saturday. The apartment was a little depressing to go in to after Ryan and Nate had moved all there stuff out, but it is all cleaned up now and is the cleanest it has been since I moved in. Sunday I went to church with Sara B and Bethany. I wore my new button up shirt, which looks like a cowboy's shirt and Sara B really liked it. Caleb and Lindsay came to lunch and it was nice to get to see and visit with them. For dinner the Montgomery's church was having a soup fellowship, so I went with them to that. After that we all, the Montgomerys, Cole, Bethany and I, went to go look at the lights on campus and at Berry Hill Park. The lights at Harding where really neat. Monday was a good day. I spent most of the afternoon cleaning up the apartment, while Sara B and Bethany where out with Rebecca, so it is nice and clean now. Monday night was really nice. After dinner Sara B and I made almond bars, mostly Sara B as I was supervising. Sara B put the whole stick of butter into the mixer while it was going so a whole bunch of flour flew out and she freak out a little bit, it gave Bethany and I a good laugh. Earlier that day Sara B dumped half a dozen eggs on the floor and was having trouble getting pizza in her mouth and then she got a piece of carrot in her nose, so Bethany and I had a good time giving Sara B hard time. After the flour mishap everything went fine in till I put the bars in the oven before putting the glaze on them and realized my mistake when we got done making the glaze and was thinking this is going to cook to long, then I was like duh, put he glaze on first. Anyway they still came out great. Then Sara B and Bethany got cinnamon roll dough started in the bread machine. After that Sara B, Bethany and I watched Madea's Family Reunion. We all sat on one couch with Sara B in the middle, it was really nice. After that Sara B and Bethany finished the cinnamon rolls and while they were cooking we watched the home videos from Florida and our camping trip to Heber Springs, it was pretty funny. It was just a really good night. God is good. ~Semper Fi

No comments: