Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Nature. Good for the Soul

Yesterday it rained most of the day and I was getting restless being couped up inside, but God stopped the rain just in time for a nice hike before it got dark. Nick and I went up to the top of Goose Rock. It was so green, beautiful, lush, peaceful and physical. Just what I needed. At the top was a wonderful view of the ocean and little wisps of fog floating through the trees and just being able to see the sun setting through the gray clouds. Today, Erin, Nick and I went hiking down to North Beach and then around the base of Goose Rock. At the beach Nick and I continued the tradition of hitting rock in to the water. The sound of the ocean is so relaxing and consistent. On our way back we did some rock climbing and took some edge trails. Having to climb over massive fallen trees and up steep hills by exposed tree roots equals a good day of adventure. Adventure another requirement for a healthy life and soul.

I am realizing even more how much I need to get out and just sit and be still before the LORD and his creation. It is really refreshing and recharging after fighting against the dark one. Just siting, listening and praying in out in the woods by myself is so refreshing. I can completely understand why Jesus would go away by himself to be with his Father and nature. It does wonders for the soul to just be out away from everything and have nothing but what you can carry. Following God where ever he leads me has been a amazing adventure, filled with wonderful surprises, challenges, enemies and rewards. God is my king and friend. ~Semper Fi

No comments: