Sunday, October 09, 2005

What I did this weekend

First off, Luke and I had to go pick up a canoe that is about 18 feet long and barely fit in the van, luckily we didn't have very far to drive, especially since I was riding in the back to make sure the thing didn't slide out when we went up the hill. After we got the canoe back to the house we unloaded it and loaded up the other canoe and the little boat, that is on top of the van in the second picture, so we could move them up to the garage for safe keeping for the weekend. Because a club was having a retreat here and we didn't want the boats, that don't belong to us to get damaged by accident.

Later that day a big group of friends and a few of their parents went to Georgetown for catfish, which I don't like very much, but it was fun as usual. That is the group to right that went to Georgetown. After Georgetown we came back and played some card games and watched a movie.

Saturday I slept in for once since there was no breakfast. At 3pm we started playing baseball/softball, mostly just taking turns batting and pitching and teaching Alan, who has never played baseball the basics, he really enjoyed it. After playing for about two and half we called it quits and went and got free food at the cookout Harding was having for parents weekend. Allan was supposed to have dinner with a friend and didn't want to go by himself so I went with him. She had cooked eggs, bacon and biscuits and they where tasty. Then we drove her over to the art building and she showed us some of her projects. We also ran in to Mandy, who was working on a painting there as well. After that Allan and I heading back to my house to hang out and play Sequence and we finished the night with a movie.

Tomorrow is the first meeting of my FOG(Fellowship of Gamers) group its a fellowship/Bible study group. I am kind of nervous as I have never lead anything like this so pray for wisdom and guidance for me and the guys involved. Well thats it for this post. ~Semper Fi

No comments: