Monday, October 18, 2010

Today's Verse - John 14:21

(NIV) "Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

Such a simple statement. Love Jesus and keep his commands and the Father will love us too and Jesus will show himself to us. In my experience truth is often simple and easy to understand and that is one of my favorite things about Christ. His teachings are simple but take a life time to master. The more I have gotten to know Christ the more I am aware of his influence and movement in my daily life, even more so when I look back and see how things worked out for the better. The trick is we have to put time and effort into the relationship and Christ will match and exceed what we put into it thus showing himself to us. The more time spent with him the more times we will see him move and to be thankful for the gifts, protection, guidance and wisdom that comes from knowing and spending time with Christ.

Strive to know Christ, not to know about him.

No comments: