Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Today's Verse - 1 Peter 2:23

(NIV) When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly.

(CEV) Although he was abused, he never tried to get even. And when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he had faith in God, who judges fairly.

Another amazing example of Christ for us to strive towards. I used to be really good and getting even and making threats and I guess I still have those skills, but I refuse to use them anymore for negative purposes. I learned awhile ago to trust God's judgment and love for me over anything that man says about me. I know God loves me enough that he sent his son to die a horrible death, so that we could become his children.Trust God to turn the insults and suffering into blessings and joy in time.

Be patient and trust God.

No comments: