Friday, April 28, 2006

Dads for the win

Today while I was putting the tools away after putting two poles in for a volleyball net it occurred to me how much I have learned from my dad and since Cole has been around lately, reminded me how important a father is in a kids life, since he doesn't get to spend much time with his father. Anyway today I have used my cement making skills and how to support the poles and make sure the stay level from my dad and I started working on the rock pathway again which I also learned how to do from watching him. There is so many useful skills that I have learned from him and also the lessons I have been taught from his on actions in integrity and honor, on how important it is to keep them even if it cost your job or some other less important thing. I have learned much from him and am very thankful for him.

Everything is going really well at the moment. The school year is almost over which is good, but also saddening at the same time because some of my closest friends will be graduating and moving away but I will be sure to keep in touch with them on a weekly basis. My spiritual life was in a valley for a bit because my priorities were not correct and when I realized that I fixed them and now everything is back to were it should be.

I would ask that all who read this keep my family and grandparents in your prayers because they are in the midst of a war with Satan going on at church back home. Also pray for the rest of the body there so their eyes will be opened to what is going on there and put a stop to Satan.

May God's will be done always. Semper Fi

No comments: