Sunday, April 16, 2006

Amazing weekend for the win!

This was probably the best weekend I have had this year. Friday started it off, I got to have breakfast with Bethany and Sara, because Luke skipped his 8am class and we skipped chapel, so I didn't have to go to school till 11am and then only for an hour. Came back and watched a moving with both of them and then went and cleaned my bathroom and fixed a thing on Bethany's car before we went to see a baseball game. It turned out the game was not at home and Sara need to find some more sources for her paper so we hung out in the what I guess is the social work and related fields resource room looking for books and I even found one that was useful. A lot of the books had funny/strange titles and what not. Then we took care of some other errands that needed to be done on campus. After that Harding Academy had a baseball game so we went and watched that for an hour or so before we headed home. Later that day several of Bethany's friends came over and had a fishing party, man was that a lot of fun. I caught the first catfish and had a dorky picture taken which I will post as soon as I get them from Bethany, we did that till it was dark and even some in the dark. I had forgot how much I like fishing.

Saturday got up and went to breakfast as usual and then after breakfast went fishing again. Bethany, Sara and I were out fishing for 4-5 hours and man did we get some sun. I have an awesome farmers tan now, it looks like I dipped my arms in read paint. After fishing I helped Ray planet some trees before getting ready to go to Spring Sing with Branson, Bethany and Sara, it was pretty good and had some funny parts but I still don't like it all that much. Sometime after that Amber and Jess came over and I went on a walk with them and Branson and we actually saw a live armadillo, it was pretty cool.

Sunday I got up at 6:30am to go to a sunrise service with Sarah, Mandy and my sister Erin, it was alright. Came back to the house ate breakfast and took a short half nap till it was time to go to church for the second time. It was a really good service and the sermon was interesting for the parts I was awake for, crummy previous nights sleep for the lose. After church we had a really nice lunch and chatted with friends and then I went to the den to watch some tv and ended up taking a much needed nap, it was nice. After that Branson, Ryan and I moved some rocks for the pathway I have been working on and then went to a picnic with a bunch of friends. We played with a frisbee for a while and then ate. After eating and chatting and laughing, we got a soft baseball out and played catch for quite awhile and some of them went played with a volleyball, so we got out the gloves and played with a real baseball and that was nice. We headed home and Branson and I got out in the canoe and chased a goose around on the pond till it finally flew off, that was fun. Then we and Amber, Bethany and Sara sat out in the gazebo for all most 2hrs talking and just chilling, that was really nice.

I really enjoyed hanging out with Bethany and Sara this weekend and all the fun stuff we did with friends just made this an amazing weekend. Thank you God for allowing us to enjoy your wonderful creation. ~Semper Fi

No comments: