Monday, November 01, 2010

Today's Verse - Mathew 5:37

(CSB) But let your word 'yes' be 'yes,' and your 'no' be 'no.' Anything more than this is from the evil one.
(CEV) When you make a promise, say only "Yes" or "No." Anything else comes from the devil.
(NLT)  Just say a simple, ‘Yes, I will,’ or ‘No, I won’t.’ Anything beyond this is from the evil one.

This is one of my favorite verses. Simple and to the point. When asked to do something a simple yes or no should be sufficient. I have had people look surprised when they have asked me something and I have just said no, no excuses or explanation, just no. They weren't sure what to do with it. As Christians it should be this simple, we should be people of integrity and honor. When we make a promise or give are word it should be a simple yes or no. Don't make excuses, be honest and truthful. Keep your promises and if you aren't going to then just say no and don't make them in the first place. 

Honor and integrity must practiced and strived for. 

No comments: