Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Today's Verse - Galatians 1:10

(NIV) Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.

(CEV) I am not trying to please people. I want to please God. Do you think I am trying to please people? If I were doing that, I would not be a servant of Christ.

(ASV) For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? or am I striving to please men? if I were still pleasing men, I should not be a servant of Christ.

Don't worry so much about what people think about you or their opinion of how you should behave as a Christian as long as you are following God and his commands. Following Christ will make people upset with you even other Christians and trying to please them is just a waste of time and energy. Keep God as our focus and do not worry about offending people. If someone is offended then talk about it and all can grow. Stay focused on Christ.

No comments: