Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Today's Verse - Galatians 6:9

(NIV) Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

(CEV) Don't get tired of helping others. You will be rewarded when the time is right, if you don't give up.

(NKJV) And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.

It is easy to get discouraged and feel like giving up when all you get for your good work is negative remarks or even insults, but Christ promised we would receive such things for being his servant. It hurts the most when it comes from "Christians". I have had to deal with what feels like more than my share of this here in the Northwest. The lack spiritualism, Bible knowledge and Christians behavior in the church is astounding at times and I wonder why God sent me to such a dry place. It has forced me to rely on Him more and remind myself not to give up, but to press on and continue to do good, not for the people but out of my love for God the Father.

No comments: