Monday, April 14, 2008

Ripped Pants and Tractor Fun

Saturday, almost the whole house hold went to the lake house to do cleanup. We moved a lot of dead stuff and burnt it all up. I spent most of the time on the Kubota we borrowed and almost got a blister from driving with one hand, good times indeed. Anyway only two exciting things really happened. It also had rained almost the whole previous week so the ground was muddy in some places. The first one happened when I was going to go pull a pile of dirt over what had been a ditch and was not watching close enough and sunk the whole front end up to the frame in mud. I tried to back out but there was not enough wait on the back and I could not lift the front with the bucket so we had to get the Explorer and pull it out. The second one happend while Zach was drive and he was getting a bucket of dirt from the pile, which was getting pretty mud and sticky, as he was going to lift the bucket his left front tire sank and put the tractor on pretty much just that tire. If he would not of had the bucket it would have rolled. I jumped on the back it was just enough weight to get the rear wheels back down and he was then able to back out. It was exciting/scary, but what and adventure. I almost forgot about ripping my pants in all the excitement of writing about the tractor fun. We were loading eighty pound bags of cement into the bucket and I squated to lift one and back of my pants split, lol. Luckly it was after lunch and I had good underwear on. It was quite funny. ~Semper Fi

No comments: