Sunday, April 06, 2008

About time for an update

I have been really busy with school and work, so I haven't taken the time to write in awhile. Last Thursday we had a huge storm come through with tons of rain, lightning and even the tornado sirens went off. Didn't have any tornadoes touch down and the closest one was in Little Rock. It caused some damage but not very bad. This whole past week we have had a ton of rain and several parts of the state are flooded. The road to George Town is flooded, so we can't go there. Hopefully we will be able to when Luke and Emily come down on the 19th. I am really looking forward to seeing him again. Yesterday, Erin and I went over to the Jackson's to help with the birthday party they were having, it was quite the affair. They had two big blow up play things, a petting zoo, football toss, duck bob, face painting, Erin was doing this, and pony rides, which I was doing. Heart did good for the most part, until right near the end when he started making angry faces and he even kicked once. I would walk two thirds of the way and then have him trot the last stretch, which everyone really enjoyed. I had a couple of girls comeback and ride quite a few more times. The boys didn't seem to interested in the rides and I only had a couple of them come for rides. It was a neat party with a ton of kids and I had a good time giving rides. When it was time for cake I put Heart up and about that time the other horses had come down for dinner, so I fed them and then I got the currie comb brushed on Jake, Pedro and Squirt for the next hour or so, probably was not that long but it felt like it. I have a test on Monday and Tuesday which have been studying for all weekend and I should do really well on them. Not much else going on for the time being and I am going to try and write more often. Take care.~Semper Fi

No comments: