Sunday, February 10, 2008

Relationships

Blessed is a man who endures trials, because when he passes the test he will receive the crown of life that He has promised to those who love Him. ~James 1:12

That pretty much sums up this week. I have been dealing with a lot of varied and different emotions this week and it has been very challenging. I am not going to give details because pretty much all of it has to do with relationships and they are private matters, but I am going to share what I have learned/learning this week. I had a come to Jesus meeting yesterday in the woods and spent a couple of hours talking and listening to him on how to handle what is going on. He gave me the following passages by flipping the pages of my bible with the wind.

Hear my prayer, LORD; let my cry for help come to you. Do not hide your face from me when I am in distress. Turn your ear to me; when I call, answer me quickly. ~Psalm 102:1-2

Then they cried out to the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them from their distress. ~Psalm 107. This part was repeated over and over through the whole psalm.

And the strangest one came out of Song of Songs 3:5b: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.

It was what I needed to hear and it helped me focus and a get handle on what to do.

Here is what I know when dealing with relationships. God must be first and must be consulted in all matters, especially when it involves matters of the heart. Communication is a must and has to be open and honest. Failing to communicate and/or not listening will only cause harm to those involved. Do not force things or rush them, wait on the LORD's timing. Be patient. When you get hurt be a man and step up. NO running away. Running only makes things worse. I really did not want to deal with what is going on. It would be so much easier to write them off or run away then to step up and deal with it. Only through the grace of my king has it been handled in the way it has. That is all I have at the moment, if I think of anything else I will add to it. God be honored above all. ~Semper Fi

No comments: