Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Today's Verse - Psalms 30

I will exalt You, LORD,
    because You have lifted me up
    and have not allowed my enemies
    to triumph over me.
    LORD my God,
    I cried to You for help, and You healed me.
    LORD, You brought me up from Sheol;
    You spared me from among those
    going down  to the Pit.
    Sing to the LORD, you His faithful ones,
    and praise His holy name.
    5 For His anger lasts only a moment,
    but His favor, a lifetime.
    Weeping may spend the night,
    but there is joy in the morning.
    When I was secure, I said,
    "I will never be shaken."
    LORD, when You showed Your favor,
    You made me stand like a strong mountain;
    when You hid Your face, I was terrified.
    LORD, I called to You;
    I sought favor from my Lord:
    "What gain is there in my death,
    in my descending to the Pit?
    Will the dust praise You?
    Will it proclaim Your truth?
    LORD, listen and be gracious to me;
    LORD, be my helper."
    You turned my lament into dancing;
    You removed my sackcloth
    and clothed me with gladness,
    so that I can sing to You and not be silent.
    LORD my God, I will praise You forever. 

No comments: