Monday, June 25, 2007

Satan is an Ass

Thursday was a rough day for sure. For most of the day Satan was in my ear whispering get mad at Sara B, get made at Sara B and would not stop. Along with that was a very strong feeling of being completely ignored/tossed aside, which was completely false and was not coming from me. Along with fighting that, I was trying to study for my test on Friday and was not able to concentrate because of what was going on inside me. I even tried going outside to fishing/have quiet time and pray while in the boat and that was not working so finally I went to the weight room to play some NS to get my mind off of everything and that finally helped. I prayed that night and the rest of the week was good. I talked to Sara B on Friday about Thursday and Satan being all in my face and she said he has been in her face a lot lately which didn't make me happy at all. Sunday I skipped church to go spend an hour or so in the woods praying and talking to God about what has been going on and for Sara B. It was a really good time and before I got up to leave I asked god what verse he had for me today and just opened my Bible and there was Jonah 2:2-9

"In my distress I called to the LORD,
and he answered me.
From the depths of the grave I called for help,
and you listened to my cry.

You hurled me into the deep,
into the very heart of the seas,
and the currents swirled about me;
all your waves and breakers
swept over me.

I said, 'I have been banished
from your sight;
yet I will look again
toward your holy temple.'

The engulfing waters threatened me,
the deep surrounded me;
seaweed was wrapped around my head.

To the roots of the mountains I sank down;
the earth beneath barred me in forever.
But you brought my life up from the pit,
O LORD my God.

"When my life was ebbing away,
I remembered you, LORD,
and my prayer rose to you,
to your holy temple.

"Those who cling to worthless idols
forfeit the grace that could be theirs.

But I, with a song of thanksgiving,
will sacrifice to you.
What I have vowed I will make good.
Salvation comes from the LORD."

Just what I had been experiencing lately and needed to hear. God is amazing. Always remain vigilant in watching out for the devils schemes and know they can never succeed against the LORD Almighty, God be praised. ~Semper Fi

No comments: